White gold wedding rings and bands for sale at discount, wholesale prices. A wonderful alternative to yellow gold bridal jewelry would be the white gold wedding bands and rings.
They are favored for their silvery sheen which is most popular among the younger generation. They are also a better choice if you intend on getting a band or ring set with diamonds, since they enhance the white color of diamonds better than yellow metal jewelry.
Even though there are other white colored precious metals used in jewelry that can provide the same effect such as silver and platinum, they are not as widely preferred because silver tends to tarnish and scratch easily, while platinum is very rare and expensive so it remains out of reach for most people.
White gold is an alloy made from pure yellow gold and other silver colored metal, such as silver, nickle, palladium, and so on. They are always coated with a layer of rhodium in order to create that ultimate silvery mirror like finish. Because of this, the rhodium does wear off with time and a slight yellow hue will tint your band. It is necessary for you to re-coat it every half a year to keep your band looking silver and beautiful.
Those who have a yellow wedding band can easily take it to a local jeweller for rhodium coating, which will result in a brighter, shinier, and much cooler silvery white band.
Titanium wedding bands are great alternatives to rings made from gold and platinum. They are durable, light, and affordable for a tighter budget. Known to be extremely resistant to corrosion, this metal has long been used in aerospace and saltwater ship industries. Also those with sensitve skin that’s easily irritated from wearing jewelry can enjoy the benefits of titanium’s neutral properties. They will not cause any allergies.
Titanium wedding rings are a perfect choice for people with sensitive skin that are prone to irritation from wearing ewelry. Because titanium, orignally known as menachite, is neutral to the human body, it will not cause any problems such as allergic reactions or discoloration of the skintone. That is one reason why this metal is widely used in medicine and health practices today.
Jewelry made from titanium are one of the most durable jewelry you can find. A titanium ring would be light weight, rust proof, and heat resistant. Because of its durability, it makes a wonderful choice for the ring that’s meant to symbolize an eternal bond.
Titanium is a little darker than other silver colored metal, so it’s not a popular choice for setting gemstones and diamonds. Therefore, you will most likely find this type of metal used in bands – mainly bands for men. A titanium ring may come in solid form and in two tone designs with parts in either gold, platinum, or both.
Platinum wedding bands are the ultimate choice for luxury shoppers. These are the most durable and expensive precious metal used in bridal jewelry today. There is not much difference between the looks of a platinum band and a white gold band to the naked eye, but the latter would weigh much lighter on a scale.
Also, another thing that makes it a better choice over white gold is that its white color doesn’t require an additional coating of any sort. As the most durable form of jewelry, it is easy to take care of, and only needs to be polished once in a while to stay looking brand new.
Platinum wedding bands are popular in both solid form and set with gemstones such as diamonds. If you are the kind who needs to have the best in life, then a platinum band is definitely the right choice for you.
Platinum wedding rings are without a doubt the most expensive ones you will find in the market, especially ones that are set with a giant, top quality diamond. Usually platinum and top quality diamonds go hand in hand, since they both represent the best of the best. The most famous diamond jewelry known in the world today, Star of Africa and Hope Diamond, are both set in this precious metal.
Most platinum jewelry on the market are 95 percent pure. The other 5% consists of different alloying metals with popular choices including copper, titanium, palladium, rhodium, ruthenium, iridium, and osmium.
When a wedding ring is marked 950, that means it’s 95% pure, 900 means 90% pure, and 999 would be 100%-99% pure. This precious metal was found in ancient Egypt, and has been popular ever since.